If you have successfully configured your Gmail to outlook then definitely you are enjoying the best communication source, be it professional or personal. If you haven’t configured it yet then it is advisable to get it completed as soon as possible to enjoy more benefit and comfort while sending or receiving emails. But sometimes, you may get in trouble while sending/receiving email through outlook. Don’t worry, we are here to help you with the reason and exact solution for this error.
1. It might fail to send/receive when IMAP is disabled
2. Sometimes, it occurs due to security settings
3. And the most important reason is, Gmail to Outlook connection has lost
In this post, we will go through step by step resolution procedure for each reason. Follow the steps very carefully to avoid any glitches and you can resolve it without any technical guidance.
Turn On IMAP (Internet Messaging Access Protocol):
• The main function of IMAP is to initiate the communication between the email client and the mail server. If it is disabled then it might create an issue while sending and receiving emails. To get it enabled,
• Enter your Gmail account and go through to the top right corner
• See the gear icon and then click on it to open the Settings menu
• Go to the POP/IMAP and Forwarding tab
• Move ahead to enable IMAP option and then select it
• Be sure that the status says, “IMAP is enabled”
• Save your changes
By doing this, you have completely enabled the IMAP and now try to send emails and send your friend to check the receiving status. If the problem still persists then go through the next step.
Customize Your Security Apps:
• Sometimes, the reasons behind mail send/receive error are the security settings. For that,
• Firstly, enter your Google account and then navigate to the top right corner of the screen
• Click on your profile picture and then click on My Account
• Select Sign-in and Security and then move ahead to connected sites and apps
• Choose to Allow less secure apps and enable this feature and make sure to save Changes
Now, you are done with the security configuration and if still, you are not able to send/receive the email then the problem is with the connection between Gmail and Outlook. To get it resolved follow the next step:
Add Gmail Account to Outlook:
• First of all, run your Outlook app
• Now, click on File and then select Add Account
• Select ‘Manual setup and additional server types’
• After that, click on next to move ahead
• In the next window, select IMAP or POP and then click on Next
• Enter the user, server and login details on the next screen
• Locate ‘Test Account Settings’ and now, check the box next to ‘Automatically test account settings once Next is clicked.
• Click on ‘More Settings’ you will be redirected to the Internet E-mail Settings box
• Visit Outgoing Server and check the box that appears next to ‘SMTP needs authentication’
• Select ‘Use same settings as incoming mail server’
• Go to Advanced tab and set up IMAP to 993 and set SMTP to 465
• Select SSL as the type of encrypted connection and click on OK and Next
• Wait for Outlook to check your connection and click on Close and then on Finish
After following this step, you will definitely resolve the issue and if in case you are facing any error then get connected with experts at Gmail Help Contact for complete assistance. It is advisable to follow these steps very carefully to avoid any glitches.