Gmail is the best webmail application, but some people find it handier to get access to their own inbox from an email client such as Outlook and Thunderbird: to do that is essential to configure the outgoing server by entering the right settings.
You have to fill the fields with the Gmail AMTP server settings that are:
• Gmail SMTP username: your Gmail address
• Gmail SMTP server name: smtp.gmail.com
• Gmail SMTP password: your password
• Gmail SMTP port: 465
When you add your account to a known email client of your selection, the first thing you have to do is to enter your email address and password. Then, the Gmail SMTP settings will pop-up on your screen. Once they do so, it is suggested to enter the info which is given above. If in case you don’t see them, you have to open your account settings. Well, they are located in a certain place depends on the email client you are using but they should be easy to find.
You have the option of Google store and guide the emails which you send via its SMTP server. So, all your sent emails can be easily findable and backed-up on Google’s servers. If you choose to use your Google Apps or Gmail account for your incoming email as well then you will have all your email in one safe and convenient folder or place. Along with this, the SMTP server of Google doesn’t use Port 25 and you will reduce the possibility that an ISP may block your email or flag it as SPAM.
Now, we will start the process of SMTP Configuration step by step:
Firstly, you have to get your Gmail SMTP credentials which can be used during the integration of Gmail SMTP with the server of Cloud-ways
• First of all, log in to your Google account by entering your login credentials.
• Enter your email address and click on the Next option
• Now, input your login password and then click on the Next option again
Here, you need to check that your Google account is well safeguarded to avoid any intervention when using the SMTP service. Hence, it is strongly advisable to enable the 2-step verification that is offered by Google. If you enabled it already then go with step 3.
Well, this step comes with 4 parts and we’ll discuss all the four-step by step.
You have to generate an App Password that will be widely used for the SMTP integration, so just visit the Google App Passwords page to create an App Password
After that, choose the app from drop-down choice and select ‘Other’
Enter any name of your choice to your App password and then click on Generate option
When the app password is created, it is advisable to save it for later
In this step, there are 2 parts, let’s start:
Log in to the Clouldways Platform and click on the Servers tab that appears from the top menu bar and select your target server
After that, click on the SMTP option from the left menu bar
• Now, click on this drop-down box that asks you to Select SMTP,
• Therefore, it is advisable to choose an option that says Your Own SMTP
• Now, you will see some more fields down after selecting Your Own SMTP option
• Select Other where it asks you to select your email gateway provider
• Enter the smtp.gmail.com as your admin
• Input 465 (SSL) or 587 (TLS) as SMTP port and Postfix on the server prefers STARTTLS over port 465 and therefore, it is suggested to use port 587
• Enter your Gmail account’s email in the username field
• Now, enter your App Password in the password box and click on the Save option
Just make sure that the Gmail SMTP settings have a sending limit which helps to prevent spamming, you can only send a total of 500 emails per day that is possibly more than enough for the average user. You can know more from the Gmail Expert Help in the shortest time frame. The teams are available 24x7 to help you in any manner they can.