Which platform do you use for sending and receiving emails? Well, for most of us, the answer to this question would be the same and that would be Gmail. Isn't it?
Amidst the various operations and working of Gmail, sometimes, you may face some sending and receiving errors in Gmail. These problems can occur to anyone and it can be because of any reason. However, you should firstly check:
• Your Internet Connection – It should be an active connection for sending and receiving emails
• Gmail version – you should be using the latest version of Gmail for avoiding these errors
• ISP Blocks and Email Ports
• SMTP authentication settings
If after checking all these requirements, you still are facing the same problem and you cannot send and receive through Gmail, then you can follow these simple methods to get the problem sorted:
1. Configure the Gmail Email Account:
It is one of the most common methods that can be tried for sending and receiving errors in Gmail. It revolves around configuring a Gmail email account which does not send and receive emails.
Here are some of the steps that you would need to follow for configuring the account:
• You can do the configuration quite easily by using the Email Setup Wizard
• Click the tool option
• Under the tool options, select the option of email accounts
• In the email accounts option, click on the ‘add' button for adding your account. If you already have your account listed in there, then firstly remove it and then add it all over again
• After completing this step, click on the ‘let me configure settings myself' option and then click on the next button
• Now, click on Gmail
• After this, enter your password and username of the account
• Once you have entered the username and password, click on the ‘next' button and then on the ‘okay' button to complete the process
• After you have completed all these steps, make sure to restart your computer for ensuring that all the changes have been successfully made.
2. Check the settings:
One of the possible reasons due to which you may face sending and receiving errors is because of the settings of your account. If you don't have the necessary setting, then also, your Gmail account may face problems in its operations.
For being sure that you have the appropriate settings in your Gmail account for sending and receiving the emails, follow these steps:
• Enter the required username and password for signing in your account
• Now, click on the gear button available on the top-right of the Gmail account page
• Under that button, click on the option of ‘settings'
• After this, click on the ‘forwarding and POP/IMAP' button
• Under this option, enable the POP for all mail option by selecting it
• Once you have selected the option, next click on the ‘save changes' button to ensure that the changes made are permanent and will be implemented
• You can also restart your system, to enable the new changes for future implementations
You need to follow the same steps for SMTP settings for enabling the sending option of your Gmail account. You can also get the necessary Gmail helpline, if you face any problems or difficulties while accessing these steps or your Gmail account after following these steps.
Post following these steps and by keeping an eye on the necessary requirements, you can be sure that you won't face any problems with your Gmail account related to sending and receiving errors. Gmail is one amazing platform which offers the maximum convenience to its users; make sure you too are making the best use of the platform without facing any such problems.
If you have any other queries related to your Gmail sending and receiving errors, then please write to us. We will get back to you with the best possible information and details for your concerning problems and issues.