Gmail has not just an ordinary email service because it has owned a reputed name in this modern era where everything is possible and easy because of email services. Gmail supports all browsers but recently it has stopped working with Internet Explorer 11 since 15 March 2021. But whether it is Chrome, Safari, or Firefox, it works outstandingly to meet your expectations.
Many Gmail users have doubts about the compatibility of this email service with Firefox. But there is nothing to doubt about as Gmail works on Firefox and even one can set it as default. It is highly suggested to follow a few steps given below to do so. Never get into any procedure which looks like fraud or suspicion because doing this will make the situation worse.
Set Gmail as Default on Firefox
If you are using Firefox with a Gmail account then, you will need to change the browser settings automatically. For that, you have to go to Gmail when you choose a mailto: link. After that, follow a few steps which are given below to do so for your Windows or macOS. Choose the preferred browser and follow the steps.
Setup Gmail as Default Email in Firefox on macOS
Change the settings in Firefox to make Gmail the default for mailto: links
• First of all, choose the main menu button that is represented by three horizontal lines, and appeared in the upper-right corner of the browser window
• This is the time to choose Preferences and then, go to the General Tab
• In the Applications section and choose the Mailto drop-down menu and select Use Gmail
After that, close the Preferences tab to return to the browsing session. Gmail will now your default email client in Firefox
Setup Gmail as Default Email in Firefox on Windows
Setting Gmail as the default in Windows differs slightly
• Choose the main menu button that is represented by three horizontal lines that appeared in the upper-right corner of the browser window
• After that, choose Options and in the General, Preferences scroll down to the Application sections
• There you have to choose the mailto option in the Content-Type column to highlight the corresponding row
• Then, choose the drop-down menu in the Action column and select Use Gmail from the appeared list of options
• After that, close the Preferences tab to return to the browsing session and Gmail is now your default email client in Firefox
You are done with the Firefox and Gmail customization to make it as default email service on Firefox
In most web browsers, you have to click on an email address link on the website to get the client like Entourage or Outlook to open, instead of the Brown Google email account. To configure the browser for using your Brown Google Mail instead.
These instructions are for Firefox 6 and above and you can check the version by selecting About Mozilla from the Help menu.
• First of all, go to Firefox’s Settings
• On Windows: Open Firefox’s Options menu and go to the orange Firefox button and then, go to Options
• On a Mac: From the Firefox menu and then, choose Preferences
In this settings box, you will need to go to the Applications tab and then, scroll down and then find “mailto” that appears under “Content-Type” and choose “use Gmail” in the drop-down menu under Action. Click on it to accept the change.
These are the exact way to set Gmail as the default browser in Firefox and for a small business, time is almost as precious as a commodity as a fund. Mozilla Firefox provides various options to you to save time while browsing the Internet. In case, if you are facing any issue with Gmail while setting it as default then, call Gmail Contact Number UK to get in touch with the experts for instant assistance. By default, Firefox uses the Operating system default email program and if your email program is Gmail then, this feature won’t help you. When an email address is clicked within Firefox then, your Gmail account will open in a new tab and compose the messages for you automatically. To avoid any issue, you will need to update the Firefox browser and also a good internet connection.