Online communication has become very easy because of email services in which Gmail has become one of the most popular email services across the world. Your email address might be the first thing that people know about you and it has said the first impression is the last impression so it does matter. There might be a possibility that you have created your email address years before and now it might not reflect what you are today.
If you want to change your email address with such a different name to leave a good impression then, you can change it easily. You can change your Gmail address without changing your account and for that you have to follow a few steps given in this guide.
There is still some confusion among the Gmail users that what this email address actually is
• When you are signed in, your email address shows just next to the name and profile photo. To get your email address, choose your Profile picture or the initial
• This is the way you can sign in with it and it is where you get all the important information about the Google Services which you use until you have added contact email.
On Android Device
Step 1 – Check if you can change it
• Open the device’s Settings app on the Android phone or tablet and go to Google and manage your Google Account
• At the top, tap on Personal info, and under “Contact Info” just tap on Email
• Tap on Google Account email and if you aren’t able to open this setting, it isn’t possible to change the email or username
• If the Gmail account’s email address ends in @gmail.com then, you cannot change it
• If you are using Google Account via your school, work, or another group then, ask the administrator for assistance
You will need to make sure that you are using a good internet connection while following the above-given steps. These steps are very easy to follow so conduct all the given steps very carefully as given below.
Step 2 – Change It
• You will see the Edit option just next to your email address
• Here, you have to enter the new email address for the account and select one that isn’t already used by another Google Account
• Now, this is the time to follow the on-screen instruction to move ahead
You will get an email with a verification link to your new email address and here you have to open the email address and then, click on the link
Step 1 – See if it is possible to change it
• Go to the Google Account on the computer
• Click on the personal info that appears in the left navigation panel
• Click on the Email under the “Contact Info”
• Then, choose Google Account email and if you aren’t able to open this setting then, there might be a possibility to change your email or username
• If you are using an email address that ends with @gmail.com then, you cannot change it
If you are using a Google Account via your school, work, or another group, then ask the administrator for assistance
Step 2 – You are ready to Change it
You are all set with the changing procedure and for that, follow a few steps given below –
• First of all, choose Edit that appears just next to the email address
• Enter the new email address for the account and choose one which isn’t used by another Google Account previously
• After that, follow the on-screen instruction to fix the error
• You will then receive a verification link to the new email address and open the email and click on the link
Follow the above-given steps and change your Gmail address without changing your Gmail account. This is quite tricky so there might be the possibility that you get stuck with any error. Contact Gmail Customer Helpline Number and get connected with the Gmail experts and know if you aren’t able to change your Gmail address.